PDA

View Full Version : tim burton does live action bebop

JoeltCola734
02-14-2011, 06:21 PM
that would be aaaaaawesome

Gjallarhorn
02-14-2011, 10:23 PM
The live-action Cowboy Bebop project is old news, but there's been nothing said about who is going to direct it. All we know so far is that Keanu Reeves is playing Spike, and that the original script was reject for being way over budget. Nothing new has been released about the development of the film since November.

JoeltCola734
02-15-2011, 02:57 PM
actually, reeves said on a recent interview that bebop movie is dead.
i was just saying, imagine if burton did bebop. i think that would be amazing. who do you think he would cast for spike??..... cough cough johnny depp cough cough

Clayton_n
02-15-2011, 04:58 PM
I don't see a point of a bebop movie anyway. And Tim Burton has better things to do.

Lilithu
03-10-2011, 03:28 PM
I don't see a point of a bebop movie anyway. And Tim Burton has better things to do.

Agree. The beauty of Bebop was in animation, music and great plot. Movie would destroy that all. Aaaand after all, Burton is not a greatest director (for me) in the world.

Bibi of the Blue Sea
03-10-2011, 03:36 PM
All we know so far is that Keanu Reeves is playing Spike,

That would be disastrous. And Tim Burton? Not the kind of director to pull off Bebop. Also why? The world doesn't need a live-action Bebop movie. If anything is to be made live-action, it would have to be Battle Angel Alita.

Lilithu
03-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Yes!!! Alita is such a good material for movie!

And...seriously...Keanu? xD

dragoninja
07-09-2013, 09:54 PM
bebop would be a great live action film. so would most of the anime out there. akira would be an interesting live action movie. and what about dragonballZ .. classic

EdwardWongHau
08-10-2014, 10:11 PM
I don't know... if Tim's style would be a great choice for a movie like they wanted to make with Bebop.
I would have loved to see either George Lucas or Steven Spielberg working their magic on something like this.
I think Tim Burton is a tad too weird and dark. hehe

SadPanda
08-11-2014, 07:27 AM
bebop would be a great live action film. so would most of the anime out there. akira would be an interesting live action movie. and what about dragonballZ .. classic

They already made a live action Dragon Ball movie that was AWFUL.

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

I don't know... if Tim's style would be a great choice for a movie like they wanted to make with Bebop.
I would have loved to see either George Lucas or Steven Spielberg working their magic on something like this.
I think Tim Burton is a tad too weird and dark. hehe

Agree Burton was a poor choice. A little too weird and quirky. I actually think Keanu looks a little like Spike, but as JoeltCola said the movie is not likely to happen.

lethargy
08-16-2014, 04:17 AM
I personally think this is a horrible idea. A live action of any anime would be terrible.

Aries
09-04-2014, 05:29 PM
I saw there was a recent post on this and thought "oh no not this again". Then I saw the original thread date. Guys, production for this movie was rejected YEARS ago. It's not going to happen. And thank god.

CapnJack
09-05-2014, 10:36 PM
I personally think this is a horrible idea. A live action of any anime would be terrible.

Are you talking about American made live action movies or about any live action movie? I felt Deathnote, though rewritten, was good and the CG of the Shinigami, since they are of another dimension technically, were impressive and convincing.

Though I haven't seen the Gantz live action movie yet, the trailer though makes it a believably worthy movie.

Don't give up on live action movies. With the right director(s) and the right vision an anime can make a great movie. For Bebop, and American made, I would like to see it done by a combined team of Guillermo Del Toro and J. J. Abrams.