PDA

View Full Version : What should I look for?

Bulf
02-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Right. I plan on buying a new computer soon, so what kind should I look for? I do a lot of 3D rendering and Graphics work. Not much gaming if any. My limit is 600 bucks and I'd prefer a desktop because I can get more bang for my buck. So what would you suggest?

Ashminigun
02-11-2011, 02:43 AM
Hmmm... This might be a tough one.

Mainboard integrated graphic (Intel, AMD or nVidia) is sufficient enough to do medium Photoshop or equivalent imaging software workload. Using discrete graphic solution might help you in heavy rendering, however that is one of many factors that contribute to your system performance.

Having a healthy dose of RAM (I recommend minimum of 2GB) and most importantly your processor with multi-threading capabilities helps. However, multi-threading works if your software support it. System that sport minimum Core i3 or Athlon II X2 suffice your need and within your budget.

You can either order those ready-made system from brands like HP, Lenovo or Acer or request a custom build tailored to your need, online or from your local brick and mortar computer shop.