PDA

View Full Version : Rei Wallpaper

Xian Pu
04-06-2004, 01:55 AM
Yeah, I'm suffering what feels like constipation of the brain here. Everything I do in Photoshop and PSP looks like @ss IMO, therefore I haven't really been posting that much. *sigh*
Let's get this over with, tell me how badly this sucks.

Geez, what's so bad about @ss?

asher_aj_wei
04-06-2004, 03:00 AM
Extraction needs a lot of work...

Xian Pu
04-06-2004, 05:57 AM
Other than a couple of spots on her leg and shoulder, what all else needs work?

escaflownemoon
04-06-2004, 08:09 AM
is there like a invisible shadow there? I see like thin lines around her feet and legs and fingers. Is that suppose to be there? Other than that beside the extractions it looks ok...

omicron_15
04-06-2004, 01:36 PM
I dont think the bg works at all, the grid is terabble and the nerv logo dosnt look that good, you shouldnt have the char covering up the logo. and she is floating

Xian Pu
04-06-2004, 10:03 PM
Here. Here's an alternative version I've got. The grid is 'terrible' on purpose by the way. >_>

escaflownemoon
04-07-2004, 07:28 AM
lol good answer..i don't think the grid is terrible...in this second she needs a shadow..she's floating..and I think you should get rid of the logo behind her head. It looks odd..:)

Xian Pu
04-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Is this better?

kyske2003
04-21-2004, 11:11 PM
:) I like the wallpapers of Rei you post.

Raven
04-22-2004, 02:53 PM
I like the first one that was up, and if you stick with that one, I would say give the logo above her head a blue color overlay, make it match the rest of the blue. but i definatley liked that one more than the others.

Candy-chan
04-22-2004, 04:34 PM
you need to make less walls and work more on each of them. ( i had the same comment some time ago by....um who was it...ah yes mika, no...miko bah, anyway..)
first: get good quality pictures. this is a key element. Dont choose gainy or small ones. you need good scan ressources.
second: work more on the extraction, the edges musnt be jagged at all. zoom in a lot of times before using the polygonnal lasso ( the easiest tool to extract). A badly extracted character make a crappy wallpaper.
third: well, this is the design, i cant help you with this. I prefer more modern looks, you seem to stay with the old effects no one uses anymore. If you like them, i cant say anything.
im sure youll get better very fast. like me, you make so many walls ( maybe sometimes too many :P ) that you dont have any other choice to improve, so keep working! ^^

escaflownemoon
04-22-2004, 05:00 PM
I think there is hope for the second version but you night want to recolour her to get rid of the graininess..and I dont' know about the blue stroke behind her..it doesn't seem to work..;)

Xian Pu
04-22-2004, 05:10 PM
Well, it's like I said from the word go on this one. I really wasn't feeling it and was suffering from some hard core artistic block. I threw it together with no real hope for anything but mediocre reception; which I've seemed to have gotten. ^_^

escaflownemoon
04-22-2004, 05:20 PM
you know if you think you don't feel a spark with the wallpaper..which I always get..I leave it sitting on the computer somewhere and have forgot about it a long time. When I look through my files again three months down the road I say hey let's give it another try and something new comes up and I can make it work..it's kind odd how you couldn't make it work the first time..but oh well..:)

Seyia
04-22-2004, 07:18 PM
that looks nice yes it does